- A clever story from Palmer, featuring an AI protagonist.
Recent Year’s Bests
- As usual, a wide range of sources are drawn upon …
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Volume Eleven. (ed Jonathan Strahan, Solaris Books, 2017)Strahan casts his net far and wide.
Recent Story Reviews
- An excellent, stylishly written contemporary fantasy.
- A story that didn't quite grab me.
- An excellent story from an author new to me.
- A story from a (young?) Singaporean writer, new to me, which shows a lot of promise.
- A big picture Space Opera, many many millenia hence, with the Jewish faith, and the Exilarch, commanding the new universe.
- Another good story from Larson.
Debbie Urbanski. On the Problem of Replacement Children; Prevention, Coping and Other Practical Strategies (Fantasy and Science Fiction, Jan/Feb 2017)Urbanski provides a story in the form of an academic treatise that manages to be heart-achingly affecting.
- An excellent start to the Jan 2017 issue, from a young author who is impressing me.
- A couple of thousand words, and well worth the small investment of your time.
- A dark, disturbing story and I hope that Lanagan feels better for getting it out of her system...