Welcome to Best SF
Best SF has been reviewing short SF since April 2000. After spending most of that time reviewing stories in many magazines and online sources, I’m now returning to concentrating on covering just ‘the Best SF’ as deemed by anthologists and the Hugo & Nebulas. The Best SF home page gives you quick access to over 50 years worth of ‘the Best SF’. Use the search box or visit the archive to access other reviews.
New on the Best SF bookshelves
2017 Year’s Best Anthologies
The Year’s Best Science Fiction. 34th Annual Collection. (ed Gardner Dozois, St. Martin’s Griffin, 2017).
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Volume Eleven. (ed Jonathan Strahan, Solaris Books, 2017)
Recent Story Reviews
- A little polished nugget of a story.
- Not too much by way of story, but the strength is in the detailed setting and the characterisation of the main character, who comes to term with his, and the …
- A story that grabs you straight away, and keeps you (or at least it did me) reading to the end.
- A neat complement, 60 years in the past, to Karin Lowachee's 'A Good Home'.
- I have to admit to be being rather underwhelmed by the story.