- Another good story from Larson.
Recent Story Reviews
Debbie Urbanski. On the Problem of Replacement Children; Prevention, Coping and Other Practical Strategies (Fantasy and Science Fiction, Jan/Feb 2017)Urbanski provides a story in the form of an academic treatise that manages to be heart-achingly affecting.
- An excellent start to the Jan 2017 issue, from a young author who is impressing me.
- A couple of thousand words, and well worth the small investment of your time.
- A dark, disturbing story and I hope that Lanagan feels better for getting it out of her system...
- An AI embedded in a domestic 'bot yearns for the stars, and finds a talent...
- A journey to a valley that has no right to be where it is....
- A rare thing from Cowdrey - an SF story, albeit it's a story that could have been set in any time period, anywhere on Earth.
- Military SF although with a more human bent.
- A story from an author new to me, which bodes well for the future.
- Sweet little story from Carroll, that could be straight from the 1950s, except for the closing references to dementia, the singularity and AIs.