- An excellent, stylishly written contemporary fantasy.
- The second volume in the new SF-only anthology.
Recent Story Reviews
- A story that didn't quite grab me.
- An excellent story from an author new to me.
- A story from a (young?) Singaporean writer, new to me, which shows a lot of promise.
- A big picture Space Opera, many many millenia hence, with the Jewish faith, and the Exilarch, commanding the new universe.
- Another good story from Larson.
Debbie Urbanski. On the Problem of Replacement Children; Prevention, Coping and Other Practical Strategies (Fantasy and Science Fiction, Jan/Feb 2017)Urbanski provides a story in the form of an academic treatise that manages to be heart-achingly affecting.
- An excellent start to the Jan 2017 issue, from a young author who is impressing me.
- A couple of thousand words, and well worth the small investment of your time.
- A dark, disturbing story and I hope that Lanagan feels better for getting it out of her system...
- An AI embedded in a domestic 'bot yearns for the stars, and finds a talent...